May 10, 2023
Visa for Tanzania for Canadian Citizens
Canadian passport holders must have a visa in order to enter Tanzania. They can apply at the embassy or electronically. The Tanzania eVisa is perfect for everyone who values time and nerves. It is a digital permit, thanks to which it is possible to visit the country legally.
The application process is straightforward, and only a few steps are needed: completing the form, covering the fee, and waiting for approval. You can apply from any part of the world without waiting in a long line at the Tanzanian embassy.
Besides electronic visas, Canadian citizens may also apply for a traditional visa. They can obtain gratis, student, business, or tourist visas according to the travel purpose.
Foreign nationals must meet all the entry conditions, prepare the documents, and read the necessary information before their trip to Tanzania. It is essential to double-check provided data required in forms, as mistakes may lead to delays.
Is Tanzania Visa Required for Canadian Passport Holders?
According to the Tanzanian visa policy, a Canadian passport holder must have a visa to stay in the country. Now a Tanzania tourist visa can be obtained online – it is a very convenient option for everyone. The most important is a device with an internet connection.
The application form can be completed within minutes. Remember that a Tanzania electronic visa can be used for leisure and tourism. In the case of a different travel purpose, contact with the embassy or consulate is necessary.
What is an online Tanzania Visa for Canadian citizens?
Tanzania online visa for Canadian citizens was introduced in 2018 to make the application process simple and fast. It allows a 30-day stay in the country for leisure, sightseeing, visiting friends/family, etc., and is valid for 3 months.
The requirements are very simple to meet and are not numerous. The same goes for the application process steps. Grab your device with an internet connection, complete the form, cover the fee, and wait for the approval.
How to apply for a Tanzania visa online?
It is unproblematic to apply for a Tanzania electronic tourist visa. Canadian citizens must follow these simple steps:
- provide basic information in the application form
- cover the fee with the chosen method of payment (PayPal, credit card, debit card, etc.)
- wait for the approval and receive a Tanzania eVisa in PDF form via email.
As you can see, a Tanzania eVisa application won’t take long, so you don’t need to worry.
What documents are needed to apply for a Tanzania eVisa?
Canadian citizens must prepare the following documents to apply for a Tanzania online visa:
- a valid passport for at least 6 months with at least 1 blank page
- a copy of the passport page
- a return/onward ticket
- a recent face photo.
Note that the passport must be valid; otherwise, obtaining a visa and entering Tanzania won’t be possible. Also, Canadian citizens who have dual citizenship need to complete the visa form with a passport that would be used during the travel.
What is the processing time for a Tanzania visa?
The processing time for a Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens usually takes several. If provided information, such as active email address, name, surname, etc., are correct, the process will be smooth. Check the details twice before you send the form in order to avoid mistakes.
Also, note that your Tanzania visa must be printed out, as the proper authorities will check it upon arrival.
Tanzania eVisa ports of entry for Canadian citizens
An online Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens can be used upon entry at the following checkpoints:
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport
- Julius Nyerere International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Namanga Border Crossing
- Tunduma Border Crossing
Entry at the seaports in Tanzania and Zanzibar is also possible with a Tanzania eVisa.
Is a Tanzanian visa on arrival available for Canadian citizens?
Canadians may apply for a visa on arrival to Tanzania. This visa is designed for short stays for up to 3 months. It is required to wait in line at the port of entry to obtain it. A Tanzania eVisa is a better option, as you can prepare earlier without worrying about necessary documents.
Types of Visas to Tanzania
It is possible to obtain several types of tourist visa to Tanzania.
- Ordinary visa is a single-entry permit that can be used for leisure, studies, health treatment, visiting friends/family, etc.
- Multiple-entry visa is perfect for business trips as it enables many visits to the country for 1 year. It is available only for American passport holders.
- Gratis visa is designed for diplomatic, services, and official passport holders or travelers who are on official duty.
- Transit visa may be issued to visitors who are transiting through the country for less than 7 days.
- Business visa can be used to conduct special assignments, professional roles, or lawful business.
- Student visa, as the name suggests, is for studying purposes. In this case, an admission letter from the university, college, or other educational institution is required.
Note that a valid passport is a must-have if you want to apply for a visa.