June 4, 2023
Visa for Dubai from South Africa
A Dubai visa from South Africa is available online since 2019. The UAE government introduced an electronic UAE visa to let tourists visit the United Arab Emirates for leisure, family visits, business, and transit without complicated procedures.
South African citizens can apply for a 30-day single-entry e-Visa, a 30-day multiple-entry e-Visa, a 60-day single-entry e-Visa, or a 60-day multiple-entry e-Visa, depending on how many times they plan to enter Dubai and how long they would like to stay.
The UAE visa for South Africans can be received via several simple steps. South African citizens must fill out the form and upload the documents, make a payment, and get the result via email.
The UAE visa requirements include having such documents, as a valid passport, face photograph, ID/residence proof, and a confirmation code from the flight to the UAE/a flight ticket if a person is traveling by air.
Moreover, an applicant must have a device with an internet connection, an email address, and means to complete online payment.
South African nationals should apply for a Dubai visa at least a few days ahead of their journey to the UAE.
Dubai visa types
South African passport holders can choose between four types of visas to Dubai depending on their planned period of stay:
- a 30-day single-entry e-Visa
- a 30-day multiple-entry e-Visa
- a 60-day single-entry e-Visa
- a 60-day multiple-entry e-Visa
All Dubai visa types have the same validity period: 60 days (2 months) from approval.
The UAE e-Visa can be extended for a period of 30 days twice. Make sure not to overstay your visa to Dubai: it may result in fines or even deportation.
Requirements for a Dubai online visa for South Africans
The application for a UAE visa requires uploading several documents:
- the bio-data page and the last page of the applicant’s South African passport
- applicant’s face photo
- confirmation code from the flight to the UAE/a flight ticket (for those traveling by air)
- ID/residence proof to confirm the visitor’s address
If a traveler is minor, only these documents are required:
- recent face photograph
- child’s birth certificate (either in English or Arabic, the translation must be official, and the document must be attested)
The documents must be provided digitally. Make a photo using your phone or a webcam. It is also possible to scan the physical documents.
To complete the application for the UAE online visa without issues, you must have:
- a working device
- stable internet connection
- debit/credit card/PayPal for online payments
- valid email address
Requirements on arrival
Upon arrival in the United Arab Emirates, the border control officers may request South African nationals to show:
- a South African passport valid for a minimum of 6 months from arrival
- a UAE visa
Note: a UAE electronic visa allows its holder to enter every emirate: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm Al Quwain.
Application process for the UAE eVisa from South Africa
South African citizens are able to obtain a UAE visa without any effort, as now the application process takes place online and does not require tourists to schedule an in-person visit to the embassy or consulate.
Find a spot with internet access, grab your device, necessary documents, and follow this instruction:
- Provide your data in the application form. You may need to enter your travel, personal, and passport details.
- Provide the proper supporting documentation. Use a scanner or a camera on your phone/web camera.
- Pay the fees approval. Once your payment is confirmed, you will receive an individual application number. You can use it to find out which status your application currently has.
The approved UAE visa will be delivered directly to your email address. Make a paper copy of your Dubai visa and take it with your valid passport to the entry port.
Dubai eVisa processing time
The United Arab Emirates visa usually gets approved within a few days from submitting the application. Still, applicants should note that the processing time and final decision are at the discretion of the UAE authorities.
It is highly recommended that South African citizens apply online at least several days in advance since delays may do happen because of various factors:
- a big volume of applications to check
- technical issues
- UAE national holidays/bank holidays
- incorrect information in the application form
Since mistakes and incomplete details may significantly influence the processing time, always double-check the form to ensure it is error-free.
Dubai online visa fees for South Africans
The price of the Dubai visa from South Africa varies, depending on the chosen type of visa:
- a 30-day single-entry e-Visa – 199 Euro
- a 30-day multiple-entry e-Visa – 379 Euro
- a 60-day single-entry e-Visa – 349 Euro
- a 60-day multiple-entry e-Visa – 499 Euro
The fees can be covered online in a simple way: the available payment options include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Sofort/Klarna, and others.