March 16, 2023
Visa for Armenia for UAE Residents
Armenia is a country with a rich and varied history, making it an exciting destination for travelers of all kinds. Visitors can explore ancient churches, monasteries, and archaeological sites while discovering the culture and traditional hospitality of the local people.
A visa to Armenia is necessary in case you are not an Emirati national. If you are a citizen of the UAE, you can visit Armenia without a visa. It is very easy to check all the requirements and eligibility, so you can travel without problems.
Is an Armenia Visa Required for UAE Residents?
Generally, the Armenia visa is not required for UAE residents. However, we can distinguish two types of travelers – the ones who are citizens of the United Arab Emirates and nationals of different countries who currently are residing there.
The first ones don’t need to have a visa to enter Armenia, while the second ones should check if their country is on the visa-free list or if they are on the list of eligible countries to obtain an e-Visa (or other travel documents).
What are the Entry Requirements for UAE Residents?
The United Emirates passport holders should meet the following requirements in order to visit Armenia:
- they must have a valid passport for at least 6 months from the entry date to Armenia
- they should prepare tickets and a visa to the final destination (in case of transit).
Eligibility depends on the nationality in case you are an Emirates resident but don’t have a UAE passport.
Non-National Visa Requirements for UAE Residents
If you are a UAE resident and don’t have an Emirati passport, you need to check the visa requirements for your nationality. Generally, you should have the following:
- a valid passport
- passport bio-data page
- a recent photo.
Also, remember that you need to enter through one of the following checkpoints:
- Ayrum train station
- Gogavan land border point with Georgia
- Meghri land border with Iran
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
Who can Apply for an Electronic Visa?
If you are a non-national resident of UAE, you need to check the list of eligible countries for an electronic Armenia visa:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- North Korea
- Saint Lucia
- Marshall Islands
- New Guinea
- El Salvador
- Saint Vincent
- South Africa
What is an e-Visa to Armenia?
An e-Visa to Armenia is a travel document which enables visitors to enter the country legally. It is a single-entry type, and you can stay 21 or 120 days in Armenia with it. Your passport must be valid during that time.
This visa is valid for 90 days or 180 days, depending on the type. Furthermore, you can extend it for additional 60 days of stay in the Department of Passport and Visa at the Armenian Police Office.
In case of transit, you don’t need a visa, but your stay can’t be longer than 48 hours. Besides, you need to pick one of the ports of entry that accepts e-Visas:
- the Ayrum railway station
- the Zvartnots International Airport
Land Border Crossing Points:
How to Apply for an Armenia Online Visa?
The online application for an Armenia visa is very simple and fast. Firstly, check the requirements and eligibility, as well as prepare all necessary documents. Then follow these intuitive steps:
- Visit the website and click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Fill in the application form and provide basic information (name, surname, date of birth, passport number, etc.). Check the form twice to avoid mistakes, which can lead to delays.
- Pay the necessary fee with the chosen method of payment (PayPal, credit/debit card, etc.).
- Wait for the approval and receive your Armenian visa in PDF form via email.
Important! Remember that you can leave Armenia only with a valid passport.
What are the benefits of an e-Visa to Armenia?
There are numerous benefits of an Armenian visa online:
- You don’t need to visit the embassy or consulate and book a face-to-face appointment.
- You save your time and nerves.
- In case of any problems related to your visa, you can ask the support team.
- The whole process of getting an Armenia e-Visa is very easy and fast.
- You don’t need to worry about your safety, as the process is very secure.