September 12, 2023
Uganda Visa Application from the UK
The Uganda visa application from the UK can be completed entirely online. UK citizens, as one of the nationalities eligible for a Uganda e-Visa, can apply for a visa without visiting the Ugandan diplomatic office.
The Uganda e-Visa can be obtained within a few business days from the comfort of the applicant’s home. UK citizens wishing to get a visa for Uganda online should meet a few basic requirements, including holding a valid passport.
After submitting the online application form, attaching the required documents, and covering the processing fee, our visa experts review the submitted application, which is next sent to the Ugandan government for final approval. Once the visa is issued, an applicant receives an online confirmation with the approved e-Visa.
Do UK passport holders need a visa for Uganda?
Yes. United Kingdom passport holders planning to visit Uganda must also possess a valid Ugandan visa.
British nationals traveling for short-term tourism-related purposes can easily benefit from the Uganda e-Visa system. This way of getting a visa is the most convenient method as it requires no in-person embassy appointments and can be practically completed from whatever place.
If you are a UK citizen with a move or/and work plans in Uganda, please note that an embassy visit will be necessary to obtain a relevant visa type or work permit.
What is the Uganda e-Visa for UK citizens and how it works
The Uganda e-Visa for British citizens is an electronic visa that comes in the following types:
- a single-entry e-Visa: a visa issued for a single 90-day stay;
- East Africa Online Visa: a multiple-entry visa valid for 90 days from the date of intended arrival in Uganda; it also allows visiting Rwanda and Kenya.
- a transit e-Visa: dedicated to those travelers who only need to make a transit stop in Uganda before arriving at the final destination; the transit visa serves only transit purposes and lasts up to 7 days.
A holder of a Ugandan e-Visa is permitted to enter the country for the purpose of holidays, leisure, participation in business conferences, family and friend meetings, transit, as well as medical treatment.
What is essential, the Uganda e-Visa application must be completed by a UK citizen before arriving in Uganda since obtaining a Visa on Arrival is not possible.
Applying for a visa in advance of the planned journey saves plenty of time and energy. Also, it helps to rest assured when you know that all visa formalities have been handled before entering the country of your destination.
Uganda e-Visa Application from the UK
Uganda visa application from the UK can be completed by going through just a few very intuitive steps. These steps go as follows:
- Provide your details: Put all the necessary details into the online visa application form, including your personal data, passport details, contact information, etc.; double-check all the entered information before proceeding to the next step.
- Upload supporting documents: Upload digital copies of previously prepared documents ensuring that the copies are clear and legible.
- Cover the Uganda e-Visa fee: Use one of the available methods of secure online payment and pay the fee.
After making the online payment, visit your email inbox and check for the confirmation message. An email will contain the application ID that you must provide in order to verify the status of your visa application.
Please note that the correctness of provided details and uploaded documents are essential factors determining the real waiting time. Sometimes, due to the necessity to make some corrections or resend documents, the processing time may be extended.
Should you have any doubts regarding the documents required to complete the Uganda visa online application form, feel free to contact our support team.
Uganda e-Visa Requirements for British Citizens
Applicants for a Uganda visa from the United Kingdom must meet basic visa requirements. The visa policy of Uganda requires UK nationals to provide the following documents:
- a UK passport (with a minimum 6-month validity)
- an applicant’s passport-style photo
- a certificate of the Yellow fever vaccination
No matter the type of Uganda e-Visa, the above-listed documents must be uploaded to the online application form.
Please note that when making a digital copy of your passport, you should only scan the main bio-data page with a photo.
Transit e-Visa additional requirements
If you are a British traveler who only plans a short layover in Uganda before reaching their final destination, you need to apply for an Uganda transit e-Visa. The application for a transit visa requires attaching a letter containing the information related to your travel reason as well as the details regarding your final destination.
Extra requirements for a multiple-entry Uganda e-Visa
Those travelers who wish to apply for a multiple-entry Uganda e-Visa need to attach a few extra documents, including:
- police clearance issued by Interpol or the UK authorities
- cover letter explaining the reason why the British national wishes to enter Uganda numerous times
- recommendation letter issued by a Ugandan referee
- evidence of past journeys to and from Uganda
Uganda e-Visa cost for applicants from the UK
The cost of an Uganda e-Visa application may vary and depends on the selected visa type and can be either 99 Euro (tourism or transit e-Visa) or 149 Euro (East African e-Visa).
Travelers can cover the processing fee by choosing the most convenient method of online payment from several available ones, such as credit/debit card or PayPal. Covering the processing fee is a requirement without which the e-Visa application is incomplete.