June 19, 2023
Turkey Visa for Indians
Are you a citizen of India wishing to travel to Turkey? If so, you should apply for a Turkey visa before your trip in order to be allowed entry into the country.
Here, you will find the most important information on different visa types available and the documents necessary for your application to be successful. This way, you will be able to properly prepare your visa application and make sure your travel to Turkey is hassle-free.
Turkey Visa for Indian Citizens
All Indian passport holders are permitted to apply for a Turkish visa before traveling to Turkey. If they plan a short-term trip, they should obtain a Turkey e-Visa. This single-entry electronic visa is issued for tourism and business-related travel for up to 30 days. Once approved, it remains valid for 180 days from the issuing date.
For longer journeys, Indian citizens may apply for a Turkish visa at the nearest Embassy. In order to obtain a regular visa, they must submit the required documentation in person and take part in a consular interview – it is essential as the immigration officers need to verify the visitor’s identity. A Turkey is issued for purposes of employment, education, or residence.
Depending on the time period you would like to stay in Turkey and the activities you plan on pursuing abroad, apply for a suitable visa. Once you have an approved visa, your travel to Turkey should be effortless and hassle-free.
Turkey e-Visa – Online Visa for Turkey
The Turkey e-Visa is an electronic visa that is issued online for all eligible foreigners. It allows Indian citizens to visit Turkey once for purposes of tourism, leisure, and business and spend there up to 30 days. Approved, it remains valid for 180 days.
The e-Visa system was introduced by the Turkish authorities in 2013. Since then, it has been a great tool in facilitating visa application procedures for foreign visitors, encouraging more and more tourists to visit Turkey. Currently, it is available for citizens of 45 countries.
The Turkey e-Visa application procedure is uncomplicated and intuitive. All you need to do is complete the registration form, upload the essential documentation, and cover the fee payment. As soon as it is authorized, your e-Visa will be sent to your e-mail.
Before leaving for the journey abroad, it is essential that you print out your approved Turkish e-Visa. When you enter Turkey, the immigration officers will ask you to present a paper copy of the online visa. Digital documents of any kind are not accepted on arrival.
Types of Turkey e-Visa
There are two types of Turkey online visas. Depending on your country of origin and the time you wish to spend in Turkey, you should apply for a suitable visa.
- Single-entry Tourist Visa – valid for 180 days, allowing for a visit for 30 days
- Multiple-entry Tourist Visa – valid for 180 days, allowing for a visit for 90 days
The approved Turkish visa will remain valid for a selected time period, allowing for travel related to tourism, leisure, or business. Keep in mind that overstaying is strictly forbidden, therefore, make sure that you leave Turkey on time.
Documents Required for Turkey e-Visa
Remember to gather the required documentation before proceeding with the visa application. If you do not meet the mandatory requirements, you will not be allowed to enter Turkey.
If you wish to apply for a Turkey visa online, gather the following:
- Valid Indian passport
- Biometric photograph of the applicant
- Proof of booked hotel reservation
- Proof of good financial standing
- Additional valid visa or residence permit from a Schengen Area country, Ireland, the United Kingdom, or the United States (electronic documents will be declined)
Your Indian passport must remain valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of travel to Turkey. If its validity period is shorter, your visa inquiry may not be approved.
Application Process for Turkey e-Visa
For your Turkey e-Visa application process to be effortless, prepare a working electronic device (laptop, tablet, smartphone). Moreover, make sure your Internet connection is stable. When you’re ready, apply online for the Turkey e-Visa.
The Turkish electronic visa application system consists of 3 easy steps:
- Fill in the visa application form with personal data and travel details
- Upload the required documentation in digital form (PDF, JPG, PNG)
- Make the visa fee payment using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal
As soon as your visa to Turkey is approved, it will be delivered directly to your e-mail address. However, you are required to print it out for the journey. When you enter Turkey, the immigration officers will request a paper copy from you.
Turkey e-Visa Validity Period
Regardless of the selected type, your Turkey visa online will stay valid for 180 days. The effectiveness period of your visa counts from the date of issue.
Remember that the single-entry Turkish e-Visa allows you to spend up to 30 days in Turkey, while the multiple-entry online visa permits a 90-day-long stay. They both are issued for foreign visitors traveling for purposes of tourism and business.
Turkey e-Visa Processing Time
The Turkey e-Visa application process is uncomplicated and shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes of your free time. Once you have all the documentation ready and the electronic device of your choice works properly, getting your visa should be a matter of only a few clicks.
The average waiting time for an approved Turkish online visa is a few working days. However, keep in mind that the processing may be prolonged in some situations. The Turkish Immigration Office decides on the final date of the visa approval.
Turkey e-Visa for Children
Indian children should comply with the same travel rules as adult Indian passport holders. Each minor must apply for a suitable Turkish visa in order to visit Turkey – it may be a visa obtained at the Embassy or a visa issued online.
The visa application process for minors should be conducted by their parents or guardians.
Turkey Transit Information
A Turkish Tourist Visa is essential if you plan to visit Turkey for both short-term and long-term travel. However, it remains unknown whether a Transit Visa program will be launched.
As for now, as long as you stay at the airport’s transit zone, there is no need to apply for a visa. Otherwise, a suitable Turkey visa is required for the journey abroad.
Benefits of Turkey Visa Online Application
There are numerous benefits of using the online application for a Turkey visa. During the remote registration, all Indian passport holders may enjoy:
- Convenience: The online application process for the Turkey visa is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. This makes it easy to complete the application at your own convenience. To obtain the essential visa, there is no need to leave your home.
- Speed: Applying for a Turkish visa online is much faster and more intuitive than traditional paper-based applications. It eliminates the need to physically submit documents and wait in lengthy queues to collect the approved visa.
- Security: Online visa applications are safe to use, as all the information you submit in the form is encrypted. This ensures all the data and documents you upload are safe and secure.
- Support: The entire online visa application process is very intuitive, so you should have no problems with completing the registration. However, if you face some obstacles, you can always count on the Support Team ready to help you solve any problem.