June 19, 2023
Tanzania Visa for Indians
A Tanzania visa for Indian citizens is mandatory to enter Tanzania. However, Indian nationals can enjoy facilitation – they are able to apply for Tanzania eVisa.
The eVisa to Tanzania is an electronic visa that can be received through a straightforward online application process.
Indian applicants must fill out a short form, attach the required documents, and cover the processing fees. The approved Tanzania eVisa will be sent to the email address as a PDF document.
Tanzania visa for Indians is available in two types: as a tourist visa for leisure-related trips and a transit visa for transiting through Tanzania to other countries. Both of them are single-entry and valid from the date of approval.
Tanzania tourist eVisa allows to stay in the country for 90 days. Another type, Tanzania transit eVisa, enables Indian travelers to have a 7-day visit.
To be able to apply for a Tanzania visa online, Indians must have a device connected to the internet, a valid email address, and the ability to make payments online.
Important! Submitting the application for Tanzania electronic visa at least 10 days before arrival is advisable.
Do Indians need a visa for Tanzania?
Per Tanzania visa policy, Indian citizens do need a Tanzanian visa. The most convenient way for Indian tourists is to apply for Tanzania visa online.
There are two types of Tanzania eVisa for Indian travelers corresponding to different aims and circumstances.
Tanzania visa types
There are two types of Tanzania online visas according to the purpose of travel:
1. Tanzania tourist visa:
- can be used for leisure matters: vacationing, exploring the country, visiting family and friends
- allows a visit for up to 90 days
2. Tanzania transit visa:
- must be obtained by travelers who pass through Tanzania to their next destination
- permits a stay for up to 7 days
The Tanzania eVisa is valid from the day of entry indicated in the application form.
Tanzania eVisa online application for Indian citizens
Indian citizens can apply for a Tanzania visa online in a few minutes by completing several simple steps:
- Provide your personal and travel details in the application form and ensure there are no blank boxes left.
- Attach the necessary documents.
- Pay the processing fees by a preferred payment method.
- Check the inbox to receive the approved Tanzania eVisa.
The online visa to Tanzania will come as a PDF document. Indian travelers need to make a printout. At the airport, immigration officers will request a Tanzania visa paper copy and a traveler’s passport.
How long does it take to get a Tanzania eVisa for India?
The processing time for a Tanzania eVisa differs for each application. However, it usually takes just a few days.
Delays may happen if the Tanzania visa application lacks the necessary information and documents. For this reason, it is essential to check the Tanzania electronic visa application before submitting it.
All the lines must be completed and contain relevant and accurate information. It is also recommended that Indian citizens apply for a Tanzanian eVisa at least 10 days before arrival to leave more time for processing.
How much does a Tanzania visa cost?
The price of a Tanzania online visa depends on its type. Indian applicants should pay 99 Euro for a tourist visa to Tanzania. A transit visa costs less – 79 Euro.
Indians can pay the service fees using one of the payment methods present on our website. Debit/credit card or PayPal – both of these options are safe.
Tanzania eVisa requirements for Indian nationals
Before initiating the application process for a visa for Tanzania, Indian nationals should check the requirements for Tanzania eVisa.
Required documents to apply for Tanzania visa
Indian citizens have to prepare the following documentation:
- the bio-data page of the passport – a passport must have blank pages and a validity period of at least 6 months
- applicant’s face photograph
- a return/onward ticket
The documents must be attached as digital photos. Please make sure that the photos are of good quality and that the data is clearly visible.
Photos may be taken using a phone camera or PC/laptop webcam.
As the application for a Tanzania eVisa is entirely online, Indian nationals must also satisfy these conditions:
- an applicant has a working smartphone/laptop/tablet/PC
- the device is connected to the internet
- an applicant has sufficient funds and the ability to apply online
- an applicant has an active email address
Ports accepting eVisas
Indian citizens will be able to enter Tanzania only through the ports accepting Tanzania electronic visas:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA)
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA)
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA)
- Mwanza International Airport (MWZ)
Border crossing points:
- Namanga border
- Tunduma border
Seaports in Tanzania support eVisas as well.