June 15, 2023
Tanzania Visa for Egyptian Citizens
A Tanzania visa is necessary for Egyptian passport holders who want to visit Tanzania. It is possible to apply electronically or at the embassy. The first option is highly recommended, as applicants can save time and nerves and don’t need to go out to start the process of getting a visa.
Only a device with an internet connection and valid means of payment are required. First, complete the application form; second, cover the fee; and third, wait for confirmation. And that’s all. After the approval, you will receive a Tanzania visa in PDF form via email. Remember to print it out.
Also, there is an option to apply for a traditional visa at the Tanzanian embassy. In this case, Egyptian citizens must contact the headquarters of government officials. A visa on arrival can be obtained too. However, it is best to apply for a Tanzania electronic visa.
When it comes to travel purposes, Egyptians can choose a visa for tourism, studies, business, diplomatic missions, visiting friends/family, leisure, sightseeing, etc.
All Tanzania travel conditions (such as getting a valid visa) must be met by Egyptian citizens. In another case, it won’t be possible to enter the country. Double-check all the information before the trip to enjoy it without problems.
Is Tanzania Visa Required for Egyptian Passport Holders?
As specified by Tanzanian visa policy, Egyptian passport holders are required to have a visa to stay in Tanzania. It is very easy to apply online, and the process can be done within minutes.
Note that Tanzanian electronic visa can be used for tourism, sightseeing, visiting friends/family, etc. In case of different purposes, it is necessary to contact the nearest Tanzanian embassy or consulate. Be ready for your trip and prepare all the necessary documents like a valid passport and a valid visa.
What is an online Tanzania Visa for Egyptian citizens?
In 2018 Tanzanian government introduced a Tanzanian eVisa, an online visa, to simplify the process of application. It is valid for 90 days and can be used to stay in the country for tourism, leisure, sightseeing, or visiting friends/family for up to 1 month.
Besides, there are not many requirements for a Tanzania visa for Egyptian citizens, and the application process is very simple. You only need a device with an internet connection. Then, complete the form, cover the fee, and wait for the approval.
How to apply for a Tanzania visa online?
Tanzania eVisa online application can be done within a few minutes. Egyptian citizens should follow these simple steps:
- Fill in the application form with the basic information. Check the detail twice to avoid mistakes that can lead to delays.
- Cover the fee. You can do it through various payment methods (PayPal, credit/debit card, etc.).
- Wait for the confirmation and get an online visa via email. Remember to print it out.
What documents are needed to apply for a Tanzania eVisa?
Tanzania visa requirements are very easy to meet. When it comes to the documents, Egyptian citizens need to have the following:
- a valid passport valid for at least 6 months with one blank page
- a passport copy of the biodata page
- a return or onward ticket
- a photo of the face that is recent.
Be careful and check if your documents are valid. It is very important as an expired passport or visa can result in rejection of entry or even deportation.
What is the processing time for a Tanzania visa?
The processing of the Tanzania visa for Egyptian citizens is very fast and usually takes several days. Before you start the process, remember to check all the provided information (name, surname, date of birth, email address, etc.) to avoid mistakes that can lead to delays or other inconveniences.
Tanzania eVisa entry ports for Egyptian citizens
An online Tanzania visa for Egyptian citizens can be used at the following ports of entry:
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport
- Julius Nyerere International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Namanga Border Crossing
- Tunduma Border Crossing
Also, Tanzania and Zanzibar seaports accept the Tanzania eVisa.
Is a Tanzanian visa on arrival available for Egyptian citizens?
Egyptian citizens can apply for a Tanzania visa on arrival, which is valid for 90 days and enables a 3-month stay in the country. All required documents (such as a valid passport) must be presented after entry to Tanzania.
Note that it is advisable to obtain an online Tanzania visa for Egyptian citizens. It is very easy to apply, and you can do it without contacting the embassy or consulate.
Types of Visas to Tanzania
There are several types of Tanzania visa, and they can be divided by the purpose of the stay and other factors:
- Ordinary Tanzania visa is designed for leisure, tourism, visiting friends, studies, etc. It is a single-entry permit, so you can enter the country only once during the visa validity period.
- Multiple-entry Tanzania visa grants many entries to the country within the 1 year validity period and is available for USA citizens.
- Gratis Tanzania visa can be used by diplomatic and official passport holders for official duties.
- Transit Tanzania visa is designed for those who want to transit through Tanzania. The travelers may stay in the country for less than 7 days.
- Business Tanzania visa is issued for business dealings and special assignments.
- Student Tanzania visa can be used for educational reasons. To apply, besides a passport, visitors need to prepare an admission letter from the school.
To apply for a Tanzania visa, Egyptian citizens must meet all the Tanzania visa requirements.