April 7, 2023
New Zealand Visa for Indians
General information about New Zealand visa
A visitor visa is an official permit that enables citizens of India to stay in New Zealand for up to 9 months. It can be used for tourism, visiting friends/family, sightseeing, leisure, or short courses. The visa stays effective for 18 months and is a multiple-entry document, which means you can visit the country numerous times during the validity period.
The online application process is unproblematic, and you need only an electronic device with an internet connection. No appointment at the embassy is necessary. Just visit the website, complete the visa form, cover the fee, and wait for confirmation. If everything is correct, you will obtain your document in PDF form via email.
Besides, Indians can apply for a student visa when they would like to stay in New Zealand for educational reasons, a work visa in case of employment in the country, a business visa for a 3-month stay, a family visa designed for those who have family in New Zealand, or a transit visa. In all cases, a valid passport is necessary.
Types of New Zealand visas
Indian citizens may obtain the following types of visas to New Zealand:
- Tourist visa – designed for travelers who would like to visit the country for tourism, sightseeing, leisure, etc.
- Student permit – in case visitors want to visit New Zealand for educational reasons, this visa is a perfect choice.
- Work visa – it is a document that permits working in the country.
- Business visa – can be used for business meetings, dealings, conferences, etc.
- Family visa – it is a permit for those who would like to visit their family or friends.
- Transit visa – necessary in case of transit through New Zealand.
New Zealand visa application process
The New Zealand tourist visa can be obtained in the application process. Firstly, check all the requirements and necessary documents. After that, follow the simple steps listed below:
- Visit the website and click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Complete the application form. Provide necessary information, such as name, surname, date of birth, passport number, etc. Check if the details are correct to avoid mistakes that can lead to delays or even rejection.
- Cover the fee with your favorite payment method.
- Wait for the confirmation.
The visa application process is simple and intuitive, so you won’t have a problem with it. What is more, you can check your visa status.
Requirements for a New Zealand tourist visa
Below we present a list of requirements for a New Zealand tourist visa:
- a valid passport for at least 6 months with 3 blank pages
- recent photos
- proof of the accommodation
- flight tickets
- proof that you have sufficient funds
- reference letter or company registration certificate (if necessary).
Besides, you need to meet the character and health conditions.
Processing time of a visa to New Zealand
Processing time usually won’t take long, however, as it depends on many factors, the period may be different for each application. Before you decide to obtain a visa, check if you are eligible, if you have all the necessary documents, and that provided information is correct to avoid delays.
Is New Zealand open to tourists from India?
Yes, New Zealand is open right now for Indian visitors. However, note that they need to have a visa to enter the country. It is very easy to apply. Just follow the easy steps and enjoy your stay.
Is a New Zealand visa open for Indians?
Yes, the visa process for a New Zealand tourist visa is now open for Indian citizens. The visa is necessary as India is not a part of the waiver program where citizens from certain countries don’t need a permit when they meet the requirements.
Information about transit
To transit through New Zealand and reach the final destination as an Indian citizen, you need to have a visa. You can apply online, so the process will be faster and more convenient. Remember that your passport must be valid for at least 3 months in order to qualify for a visa.
The benefits of electronic visa
Electronic visa has a lot of benefits. You can enjoy the following:
- You can avoid a stressful visit to the embassy or consulate.
- You can save your time and nerves.
- The application can be done online from any part of the world.
- The process is very easy and convenient.
- You don’t need to worry about your data, as they are safe.