September 11, 2023
Myanmar visa for Indian citizens
Indian passport holders must apply for a suitable Myanmar visa before leaving for a journey abroad. Depending on the activities they plan to pursue during the trip, they should obtain a Tourist Visa or a Business Visa. Indian citizens cannot enter Myanmar visa-free.
The easiest and fastest way to obtain an eVisa to Myanmar is an online visa application. To apply online for a Myanmar eVisa, you need to follow three easy steps – fill in the form with personal information, upload the mandatory documents, and make the fee payment to complete the process.
As for now, Indian nationals can apply for two different types of Myanmar Visa. If you would like to meet with your relatives abroad or take part in a sightseeing tour, you should obtain an electronic Tourist Visa. To take part in business conferences or professional training, apply for a Business Visa.
Keep in mind that each visa type guarantees a different period of stay abroad. The Tourist Visa will allow you to spend 28 days in Myanmar, while the Business Visa permits a single visit to Myanmar for up to 70 days. Both visas remain valid for 90 days from the issuing date.
How to apply for a Myanmar visa online?
The application procedure for an eVisa for Myanmar is effortless and intuitive. You can complete the entire process in less than 15 minutes. The great advantage of the electronic visa for Myanmar is that you can obtain it from the comfort of your home.
To apply for a Myanmar electronic visa, Indian citizens must complete three easy steps:
- Fill in the application form with personal data and travel details
- Submit the mandatory documents in digital format (PDF, JPG, PNG)
- Make the payment using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal
Remember to check your e-mail inbox regularly, as the visa approval notice will be delivered to you electronically. Once you have your authorized visa, you should download the file and print it out before the journey. This way, you will be able to visit Myanmar problem-free.
What are the requirements for a Myanmar visa online?
Before starting the Myanmar visa application, make sure you have collected all the essential documents. Check the current Myanmar visa policy and visa requirements for Indian passport holders for effortless application. Keep in mind the documents should be in the English language.
To apply for a Myanmar eVisa, Indian citizens need to gather the following documents:
- Indian passport that will remain effective for at least 6 months from the planned travel
- Biometric photograph of the traveler taken according to international rules
You should check the current Myanmar entry requirements before leaving for a trip. To cross the borders of Myanmar, you must have an approved visa and a valid passport.
What are the available types of a Myanmar visa for Indians?
Depending on the time period you would like to spend in Myanmar and the type of activities you plan on pursuing abroad, there are two visas to choose from. Select the suitable visa type and complete the application.
- Myanmar Tourist eVisa – valid for 90 days and allowing for a 28-day trip, designed for those who meet with relatives, take part in holiday tours, and enjoy national festivals
- Myanmar Business eVisa – valid for 90 days and allowing for a 70-day trip, designed for those who participate in business conferences, contact clients, and conclude contracts
Make sure you have applied for a suitable visa type. Once your visa for Myanmar has been issued, you cannot change its specification. It is also not possible to request a visa extension.
What is the processing time of a Myanmar visa?
Once you have completed the visa registration questionnaire, your application will be processed by the immigration officers. The average processing time of a Myanmar eVisa is around a few working days. As soon as it is approved, you will receive a notification via e-mail.
What is the validity period of a Myanmar visa?
The validity period of a Myanmar visa for Indians is 90 days (3 months). However, keep in mind different visa types allow you to spend only a specific amount of time in Myanmar. Traveling on a Tourist Visa, you can spend 28 days abroad. The Business Visa allows you for a 70-day long visit.
What entry ports accept Myanmar visa?
It is essential to check what entry ports accept Indians traveling on Myanmar eVisa. Not every land crossing, seaport, or airport will allow you to cross the borders of Myanmar.
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
Myanmar land border crossings:
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint