September 22, 2023
Multiple-entry visa Kenya
A multiple-entry visa to Kenya is designed for travelers who are interested in multiple entries to Kenya for business, tourism, medical treatment, family visits, or other reasons and are not on the visa-free list. The process of getting this document usually takes up to several days.
Remember that a valid visa for Kenya is a must-have for nationalities who are not from the list of countries eligible to visit Kenya without a visa. The validity period varies from 6 to 12 months, and the requirements list is different depending on the type of visa.
When it comes to the visa application, interested travelers must visit the official governmental website and contact immigration headquarters. It is not possible to get this Kenyan visa upon arrival, and an online application form must be submitted.
Besides a multiple-entry visa to Kenya, there is also an option for a single-entry visa for visitors who need to enter the country only once during their trip. Also, you can get an East Africa Visa for Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, which is also treated as a multiple-entry permit.
What are the Multiple-Entry Kenya Visa Requirements?
The basic requirements include valid travel permits, such as a passport with at least one blank page that won’t expire within the next 6 months. The following documents must be attached by visa applicants:
For Business Stays
- an invitation letter from the company
- copy of registration of the company
For Family Meeting
- family invitation letter
- identification documents, such as ID or passport
- travel itinerary, including more information about places that will be visited
- accommodation proof, such as hotel bookings
What is more, travelers must remember about a copy of the passport bio-data page and a clear face photo.
A Photo Requirements
- A photo must be recent (not older than 6 months).
- You need to provide a colorful photo.
- Remember about normal street attire (don’t wear uniforms – the only exceptions are the religious clothes).
- Hats or headwear are not acceptable as long as they obscure hair/hairline.
- Don’t wear dark or non-prescription glasses (a medical certificate is required in case you need to have them).
- Glasses, hearing devices, wigs, etc., can be worn if you use them on a daily basis.
The Validity Period of a Multiple-Entry Visa for Kenya
A Kenyan multiple-entry visa can be valid for 6 to 12 months, depending on the applicant’s choice from the issue date. The fee depends on the specific visa type.
Moreover, in the case of the East Africa Tourist Visa, it won’t expire within 90 days and is not renewable after the expiration date, as well as after the exit from Kenya, Rwanda, or Uganda.
Kenya Visa Types
Besides a multiple-entry visa, there are also several other types of visas to Kenya. One of them is the e-Visa, which can be obtained online. Electronic visas can be used for several purposes, such as tourism, transit, or business. It is valid for 90 days (or 72 hours in case of transit).
Besides, there is an East Africa Visa — a permit that enables entry to Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda that is valid for 90 days and is treated as a multiple-entry visa as well. Note that there is no visa on arrival available in Kenya.
How to apply for an e-Visa to Kenya?
The application process for an online visa for Kenya is intuitive and easy. Just consider the steps listed below:
- Complete the visa application form. Provide the necessary information and check them twice to avoid mistakes.
- Cover visa fees. You can pick one of the available payment methods.
- Wait for processing and receive a visa via email in PDF form. Remember to print it out, as proper authorities will check it upon arrival.
- Only a valid passport is needed in case of travelers under 16 years old; no e-Visa is necessary.
- The online visa for Kenya can be extended during the travel.
- To enter Kenya, all travelers who are not from visa-exempt countries must apply for proper entry permits.
- A valid passport for at least 6 months is a very important document if you want to apply for a visa.
- Note that you are not able to take part in activities related to employment as a regular Kenyan visa holder.
- You can cross the border only via a specified port of entry with a Kenya visa.