September 21, 2023
Jordanian visa for US citizens
Visa for Jordan is necessary for American citizens. They must apply for it in order to enter the country smoothly. Besides a visa or a Jordan Pass, travelers must also prepare a passport that won’t expire within the next 6 months and meet all the entry requirements.
There are several types of visas for US citizens to Jordan: a single-entry visa, a double-entry visa, and a multiple-entry visa.
Also, it is possible to get a Jordan Pass — a tourist package that provides entry to 40 attractions in the country. It is a very convenient option, as you don’t need to buy separate tickets and can visit Petra, Amman Citadel, Aqaba Castle, and so much more. Besides, if you stay in Jordan for at least 3 nights (4 days), you don’t need to worry about visa fees, as they are included.
The application for a visa is very simple and intuitive. The traditional permit can be obtained at the embassy or consulate, while a Jordan eVisa is available online. There is also a possibility for a visa on arrival. Pick the option perfect for your stay and enjoy it fully without any problems.
Is a Jordan visa needed for the US nationals?
Yes, a visa is a must-have for foreign nationals who want to visit Jordan. Americas must obtain a proper permit for Jordan as well. They have several options like Jordan Pass, traditional visa, visa on arrival, or online visa. Also, the entry document can be designed for single, double, or multiple entries. In order to enter Jordan, all travelers must meet the requirements stated by the government.
What kind of Jordan visa can American nationals obtain?
Americans are able to obtain the following visas to Jordan depending on many factors:
- the way of application (eVisa, visa on arrival, traditional visa)
- the validity period (90 days, 6 months, one year, five years)
- number of entries (single, double, multiple)
What is more, they can apply for a Jordan Pass — a tourist package that includes not only tickets to the most popular places but also visa fees if they stay in the country for at least 4 days (3 nights).
What are the Jordan visa requirements for Americans?
The visa for Jordan can be obtained if you prepare the following documents:
- a valid passport that won’t expire within the next 6 months
- the residence permit copy of an applicant (from a country they reside for no more than 6 months, in case the residence is not the same as the country of origin)
- copy of the application owner/sponsor’s passport
- copy of residence permit of application owner (when owner resides in Jordan)
- a copy of a professions license (when a visa application is made by a company or institution).
Besides, for a Jordan Pass, you should have the following:
- a passport that is valid for at least 6 months
Note that more documents may be needed during the process, as it all depends on the Jordan government.
How to take part in the visa application process?
The process of getting a visa to enter Jordan won’t cause any problems, as it is as convenient and intuitive as possible. It consists of a few steps:
- Completing the online application form by providing the necessary information. Check details twice to avoid mistakes and inconvenient situations.
- Attach necessary documents by uploading them online.
- Cover the fee with one of the available methods of payment, such as PayPal or credit card.
- Wait for the processing and receive your visa via email in PDF form. Check the inbox and remember to provide the correct email address.
It is advisable to print out your Jordan visa online, as it will be checked at the border crossing.
Transit in Jordan
The Jordan transit visa is not needed if you have an onward ticket that confirms a connecting flight within 48 hours of arrival in Jordan. Also, transit through Queen Alia International Airport doesn’t require a visa. In case of a longer stay, you should apply for a transit online visa.
Benefits of an online visa
The benefits of an electronic visa are numerous, and you can check them below:
- there is no need to wait in line and waste time
- you can apply from anywhere
- you can count on the team of experts in case of any doubts
- the process is very safe, as the newest protection systems are used
- it is very easy to apply, and you need only an internet connection
- Americans can apply for a few types of Jordan visas depending on the validity period, purpose of stay, number of entries, and way of application.
- If you transit through Queen Alia International Airport, you don’t need to have a visa.
- The process of applying for an online visa is very simple, and only a few steps are needed: providing the information, covering the fee, and waiting for processing.
- American nationals can also apply for a Jordan Pass that includes tickets to a number of attractions.
- A valid passport is required if you want to enter Jordan and apply for a visa.
- There is no need to visit the embassy or consulate in case of getting an online visa.