September 18, 2023
Indonesia visa for Indians
All Indian citizens planning a visit to Indonesia should obtain a suitable visa prior to the journey. They may apply for it at the nearest diplomatic mission or complete the visa application form online.
The Indonesian e-Visa is an electronic visa on arrival issued for eligible visitors planning short-term travel to Indonesia. The idea was introduced by the Indonesian Government in 2020 to facilitate the visa application procedure and make visiting the country more accessible.
There are three types of Indonesian online visa on arrival for Indian passport holders. A Tourist Visa allows you to take part in sightseeing tours and meet with relatives, while a Business Visa is issued to those who participate in conferences and negotiate contracts. You can also obtain a Transit Visa.
The online application for the Indonesia visa should not take more than a few minutes to complete. All you need to do is fill in the registration form with relevant information and upload the essential documents in PDF files. You must also cover the visa processing fee with online payment.
You will receive a notification to your e-mail address when your visa is approved. However, to officially obtain the Indonesian visa on arrival, you need to present the immigration officers with suitable documents the moment you enter Indonesia. Then, you will be given a special visa stamp.
Do Indian citizens need a visa for Indonesia?
Every Indian citizen who would like to visit Indonesia must apply for a suitable visa. They can select the standard visa or the online visa. Indian passport holders cannot enjoy visa-free entry to Indonesia.
If you need a visa for Indonesia, you can complete the visa application at the nearest Indonesian Embassy – schedule an appointment at the office and submit the required documents in person.
However, a more convenient option for obtaining the mandatory Indonesian visa would be the online application. The procedure can be completed from home in less than 15 minutes.
Types of Indonesia visa for Indians
There are three types of Indonesian e-Visa available to all eligible Indian citizens. Each visa type has a different validity period and allows the traveler to spend a specific time abroad. What is more, they are issued for designated purposes.
Select one of the Indonesia visa on arrival types available online:
- Indonesian Tourist Visa – Single-entry visa valid for 90 days. Issued for travelers who would like to enjoy sightseeing, visit relatives, or participate in cultural festivals. Spend up to 30 days abroad.
- Indonesian Business Visa – Single-entry visa valid for 90 days. Issued for foreign travelers taking part in conferences or concluding contracts abroad. Spend up to 30 days abroad.
- Indonesian Transit Visa – Single-entry visa valid for a few days. Issued for those who need to pass through the territory of Indonesia while traveling to another destination.
Keep in mind that overstaying your journey to Indonesia is strictly forbidden and may result in a fine.
Indonesian visa – application procedure
All foreign nationals should obtain an Indonesia visa before their journey abroad. The easiest and fastest way to get the mandatory visa is the online application – all you need is a working electronic device with a stable Internet connection and a few minutes of your free time.
To apply online for the Indonesia visa on arrival, follow this guide:
- Fill in the visa application form with personal and passport details
- Upload the documents required for successful registration
- Cover the visa fee using the selected online payment method
You should receive a visa approval notice to your e-mail address as soon as your visa is authorized. Remember to check your inbox regularly for the message. It may be in the SPAM folder.
On arrival to Indonesia, present the customs officers with your documents and show them the visa approval notice. Then, you will get a special visa stamp on your passport, making your stay legal.
Indonesian visa – required documents
Remember to gather all mandatory documents before proceeding with the Indonesia visa application. Once you have the documentation, the procedure should be straightforward and problem-free. Below, you can find the essential Indonesian online visa requirements:
- Valid passport, effective for at least six months from the planned travel
- Biometric photograph of the applicant
- Proof of purchased return ticket
On arrival to Indonesia, you need to attend customs control. Prepare the required documentation and present it to the immigration officers. If everything is fine with your documents, you will receive an entry stamp allowing you to stay in the country.
Processing time of an Indonesia e-Visa
The average processing time for an Indonesian online visa on arrival is a few working days. However, sometimes, the procedure can be delayed due to factors such as an increased number of received application forms or spelling errors found in the information provided by the traveler.
Processing fee of an Indonesia e-Visa
Regardless of the selected type of Indonesian online visa on arrival, the processing fee is currently 199 EUR. You can cover the amount using one of many available online payment methods (including PayPal, Klarna, and Sofort). You can also use your credit card, debit card, or direct bank transfer.
Ports accepting Indian citizens with an Indonesia visa
Before visiting Indonesia, ensure your selected entry port accepts travelers with an online VoA visa.
- Ngurah Rai International Airport
- Soekharno-Hata International Airport
- Juanda International Airport
- Kualanamu International Airport
- Sam Ratulangi International Airport
- New Yogyakarta International Airport
- Bandar Bentan Telani Seaport
- Bandar Seri Udana Lobam Seaport
- Batam Centre Seaport
- Citra Tri Tunas Seaport
- Kabil Seaport
- Marina Teluk Seaport
- Nongsa Terminal Bahar Seaport
- Sekupang Seaport
- Sri Bintan Pura Seaport
- Tanjung Balai Karimun Seaport