March 27, 2023
Egypt Visa for Canadian Citizens
There are several types of Egypt visa for Canadian citizens. The most popular are an online tourist visa and a visa on arrival that can be obtained when you enter Egypt.
An electronic visa to Egypt is a single-entry or a multiple-entry permit introduced by the Egyptian government in 2017 to make the visa application process more accessible and convenient. No visit to the embassy or consulate is needed, as everything is done online.
Just grab your electronic device with internet access, visit our website, and complete the application form. Then, cover the fee, wait for confirmation, and receive your online Egypt visa email in PDF form.
You can also obtain a visa on arrival if you want to participate in the application process after your entry to Egypt. You can do it at the airport by filling in the visa form, getting a sticker, and showing it at the immigration desk.
Do Canadian citizens need a visa for Egypt?
Yes, Canadian citizens must obtain a visa if they want to travel to Egypt. They can apply online or upon arrival. Both options are single-entry permits, and additionally, you can pick a multiple-entry permit in an e-Visa case.
Types of Egyptian e-Visa available for Canadian passport holders
There are two types of Egypt e-Visa for Canadian passport holders:
- A single-entry permit – it is valid for 3 months and allows you to visit Egypt for 30 days. You can enter the country only once with this visa type.
- A multiple-entry permit – enables one to stay in the country for 30 days and is valid for 6 months. You can enter Egypt numerous times during the validity period as its holder.
Note that your passport can’t expire within the next 6 months if you want to obtain a visa.
Requirements of Egypt e-Visa for Canadian citizens
If you want to obtain an e-Visa, you should prepare the electronic device with an internet connection and:
- a recent face photo
- a valid passport (for at least 6 months)
- a digital copy of the passport bio-data page
- a letter of invitation (in case of a business or a family visa).
Besides, you need to have a valid passport, a print-out copy of your Egypt visa, and a letter of invitation (in case of business or family type) on arrival.
The application process for the Egypt e-Visa and a visa on arrival from Canada
The process of applying for an Egyptian visa is very easy and convenient, as you don’t need to visit the embassy or consulate. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the website and click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Complete the visa application form. Check if the provided information (such as name, surname, date of birth, etc.) is correct.
- Cover the fee. You can use PayPal, a credit or debit card.
- Wait for the approval and check your email. You will receive your e-Visa in PDF form via email. Print it out, as it will be checked at the border crossing by the proper authorities.
In case of a visa on arrival, you can get it at the airport when you enter Egypt. You need to fill in the application form, get a sticker, and present it at the immigration desk. Check if your passport is valid for at least 6 months before your trip.
Service fee and processing time
The processing time for an Egypt e-Visa is very fast. If provided information are correct, and all requirements are met, you won’t have to wait long. In case of a visa on arrival, you need to wait in line at the airport to obtain it.
A single-entry Egypt e-Visa costs 69 USD. What is more, you need to pay 99 USD for a multiple-entry permit. The visa on arrival usually costs 25 USD.
The benefits of an e-Visa to Egypt
The benefits of an e-Visa are numerous:
- You can legally stay in the country for up to 1 month.
- You don’t need to visit the embassy or consulate.
- You save your time and nerves.
- You only need an electronic device with an internet connection to apply.
- You don’t need to wait in line at the embassy or airport.
- It is a very convenient and safe method of application.