March 28, 2023
Cambodia Visa Requirements for UK Citizens
Cambodia visa requirements for UK citizens specify the type of visa that nationals of the United Kingdom must hold to enter Cambodia without any issues.
Luckily, UK nationals can now apply for eVisa for Cambodia, which simply serves as an online alternative to a standard embassy visa. Applicants from the UK can save much time and energy by choosing the online visa application, which involves no embassy visits, no nerve-wracking interviews, and no long weeks of stressful waiting for visa approval.
Cambodia e-Visa for UK citizens is issued as a one-type online tourist visa covering all kinds of tourism-related purposes. Also, it can be used for transit, if one just needs to pass through Cambodia before reaching their final travel destination.
The application can be submitted entirely online from whatever place the UK passport holders are at the given moment. Within maximally a few business days, the approved Cambodia electronic visa will arrive in the visa applicant’s email inbox.
Requirements for UK Citizens to apply for the Cambodian e-Visa
The Cambodia visa requirements are standard ones and can be easily met by all British citizens, who simply need to upload the following two documents:
- a bio-data page of a valid passport;
- a face photograph.
Tip: Photos taken with a PC camera or phone are acceptable. Just make sure to upload clear images, and our consultants will handle the rest.
Important notes for UK citizens applying for a Cambodia e-Visa
- Before submitting your visa application form, check if your passport has at least 6-month validity extending beyond your planned arrival in Cambodia
- Please bear in mind that any change in your passport’s data or your passport loss will make your Cambodian visa automatically invalid, and a new application will be necessary
- You cannot use your Cambodia tourist visa for work or business activities – if you need a visa covering such purposes, contact the nearest Cambodian diplomatic mission and apply for a relevant visa or permit there
- All British passport holders traveling with children should also remember to apply for separate Cambodia tourist visas on behalf of every kid traveling with them
Cambodia e-Visa application process from the UK
Prepare your working electronic device with a stable Internet connection and spare a few minutes for an online application.
Go to the application panel and click the ‘Apply Online’ button to simply follow the three steps left:
- Provide your details: fill out the short online form by providing all the required information, including your planned entry and exit date, as well as one entry point in Cambodia that accepts e-Visas. Double-check all entered details and then move on to the second step.
- Upload necessary documents: prepare a digital copy of your passport’s bio-data page, take a picture of your face, and upload both documents.
- Cover the service fee: using one of the available methods of online payment, pay the visa fee, which is 99 Euro.
After making the payment, go to your email inbox and receive the confirmation email containing further instructions. Should you have any doubts, do not hesitate to contact our support team.
Cambodia e-Visa service fee and processing time
As a rule, it should not take more than a few business days to process your Cambodia visa application.
All applicants should remember that the real processing time is at the total discretion of the Cambodian Government. There are a few significant factors determining the waiting time, including the correctness of the details provided in the online application form – the need to make corrections to your data may extend the application process.
In order to maximize your chances for quick visa approval, check thoroughly all the details entered in your application form before you submit it further. Also, make sure to upload all necessary documents.
CAMBODIA e-VISA FEE
All eligible applicants, regardless of nationality, need to cover the service fee of 99 Euro.
The payment can be settled using one of many available methods of secure online payment, including credit/debit cards, PayPal, and many others.
Shortly after covering the fee, just make sure that an email containing the confirmation number has already arrived in your email inbox. This number is necessary to check the progress of your application. Make sure you have it!
Entry ports that UK nationals can use to enter Cambodia with e-Visa
It is worth noting that UK nationals holding e-Visas can enter Cambodia only through certain border crossing points or airports recognizing electronic visas.
The following entry points in Cambodia accept e-Visas:
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
- Phnom Penh International Airport
Border crossing points
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) when entering from Thailand
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) when entering from Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) when entering from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) when entering from Laos
Additionally, please bear in mind that, at the moment, no seaports accept electronic visas.
Important! You can depart Cambodia from any airport or border crossing.