March 28, 2023
Cambodia Visa on Arrival
Cambodia Visa on Arrival, also known as Cambodia tourist visa (T-class), is issued for certain foreign visitors who wish to travel to Cambodia and stay there for up to 30 days. The VoA covers both tourism and business-related visits.
Currently, there are 7 countries whose nationals cannot obtain a visa for Cambodia online but may request a Visa on Arrival in Cambodia.
These travelers must, however, know that the VoA is available only at a few entry ports, including Siem Reap International Airport, Phnom Penh, as well as certain land border crossings.
Applicants for the VoA should also remember that the process may be time-consuming, and they will also need to present the filled-out application form, which then must be processed by one of the immigration officers.
There are certain documents that must be presented during the VoA application, including a valid passport that will not expire for at least 180 days from the date that the individual plans to enter Cambodia, as well as two passport-sized color pictures.
Before arriving in Cambodia without a visa, make sure to check the entry point where the Visa on Arrival service is available.
Who can obtain a Visa on Arrival in Cambodia?
Some nationalities can obtain a Visa on Arrival in Cambodia as long as they plan to visit the country for tourism or business purposes.
Following, there are all countries that are eligible for VoA in Cambodia:
- Equatorial Guinea
Note: All nationalities that can apply for an electronic visa for Cambodia are automatically eligible for the Visa on Arrival too. However, the online application is a more convenient alternative that will help them to save plenty of time and energy.
How to get a Cambodia Visa on Arrival?
The 30-day Cambodia tourist visa can be obtained after arriving in Cambodia at one of the entry ports issuing visas.
In order to request a VoA, one needs to hold a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned entry date into Cambodia. Also, all applicants must provide two passport-sized color photographs.
The visa granted on arrival allows for a 30-day stay in Cambodia. Travelers should be aware that the application process may be time-consuming, and not all airports and land checkpoints offer the VoA service.
If one decides to stay longer in Cambodia, they may extend their valid tourist visas by another 30 days upon additional fee.
Should you plan an extended stay in Cambodia, you should remember to obtain a regular visa that will cover longer periods of stay in the country. Also, if your traveling purpose is different than tourism or business, getting an ordinary visa will be mandatory.
Important notes on how to get a Visa on Arrival in Cambodia
- The application form for VoA can be obtained either on the plane or at the border crossing point.
- You should prepare the exact amount of the visa fee to be paid in cash. Also, ensure that your banknotes are new and undamaged.
- Be prepared that some border crossings may ask you to cover additional fees.
- Check the opening hours of offices at border crossings, which are usually open from 8 AM until 8 PM.
How long does a Visa on Arrival take in Cambodia?
The time that you will need to spend at the Cambodian border waiting for your Visa on Arrival approval depends on various factors, including the number of people waiting in the immigration line.
Applicants need to provide a face photo. However, if one arrives at the Cambodian border without a photo, the picture will be taken on-site for an additional fee.
In order to ensure a quick application process, you can prepare the photo before your arrival and save some time. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the photo requirements:
- your head should be at the picture’s center, showing a full, front and clear face view on the white background;
- the photo should not be taken earlier than six months before your trip;
- no caps, hats, sunglasses, etc., are allowed in the photo;
- scanned photos or color copies of passport-size photos are not acceptable.
Cambodia e-Visa application process
If you do not want to waste your time upon arrival in Cambodia, you can apply for a Cambodia visa before your trip. Check your e-Visa eligibility and enjoy a smooth and entirely online application process from the comfort of your home.
Cambodia e-Visa is issued as a one-entry visa for a stay of up to 30 days, while its validity is 90 days from the date of issue.
Travelers eligible for online visa application simply need to fill out the short online form, upload required documents and cover the processing fee. The approved e-Visa will arrive in the applicant’s email inbox within a few business days.
Holders of Cambodia e-Visa must remember to enter the country through one of the entry points indicated in the application form. It must be one of the following ports accepting e-Visas:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) when entering from Thailand
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) when entering from Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) when entering from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) when entering from Laos