March 23, 2023
Cambodia Visa for US Citizens
If you are a US citizen and plan to travel to Cambodia – then you need a Cambodia visa. Tourist visas can be obtained in a simple and speedy way by applying for a Cambodian e-Visa. Cambodia electronic visa is an official visa that can be received by eligible citizens online.
An e-Visa for Cambodia was introduced in 2006 by the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation as a single-entry permit. It allows US passport holders to stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days. An electronic visa to Cambodia stays effective for 90 days from approval.
The application process consists of a few steps, such as filling out the form, uploading documents, and paying the fees. The approved Cambodia e-Visa will be sent directly to your email.
Note that you are able to enter Cambodia only through certain entry points, as not all of them support online visas.
Cambodia visa requirements for US Citizens
Online application requirements
In order to apply online, US citizens must meet some technical requirements:
- you must have a working device to complete the form – for example, a laptop, tablet, smartphone, o PC;
- your device must be connected to the internet and have a stable connection;
- you must have a valid email account;
- your financial means must be sufficient to cover the visa fees;
- you must have the ability to make payments online.
US applicants need to attach the following documents to their Cambodia e-Visa application form:
- a digital photo of the bio-data page of a US passport:
- a passport mustn’t expire within at least 6 months from arrival
- the photo must have all the data clear and contain the full machine-reading code
- a digital face photo:
- the photo must be made in an official style
- the background should be plain and light
- it must be a front view
Digital photos can be scanned or taken by a smartphone or PC camera – the most significant thing is that they must be of good quality and satisfy the conditions above.
Requirements on arrival
When you arrive, you must have certain documents to enter Cambodia without any issues:
- a US passport effective a minimum of 6 months
- a printout of a valid Cambodia e-Visa
Cambodia visa application form for US citizens
If you want to travel to Cambodia, apply for an e-Visa to Cambodia in a straightforward way:
- Fill out a visa application form providing your basic personal information.
- Attach relevant documents.
- Check whether your data is accurate and documents meet the requirements.
- Cover the Cambodia visa fees of 99 Euro.
- Receive the approved Cambodia tourist visa via email and print it out.
Cambodia e-Visa service fee and processing time
When you finish filling out the application form for a Cambodia visa, you will have to pay the service fees. You can do it via any online payment method on our website: a debit/credit card or PayPal. They are absolutely safe and secure. Since our website is protected by an SSL certificate, there can be no leaks of your private information or payment details.
Normally, applicants have to wait for a few days to get their Cambodian visa approved. Still, there are factors that can influence the waiting time: the number of applications to be processed, technical issues, submission time, and correctness of your application.
Make sure to check your data, so no mistakes or errors are left. All fields must be completed. Check your email address often: if we need additional details or documents, your quick response is crucial to avoid delays.
Entry ports that the US nationals can enter Cambodia with e-Visa
It’s important to keep in mind that not all ports in Cambodia accept an electronic visa. If you try to enter through a point that doesn’t support Cambodia e-Visas, you will be entry-denied.
Plan your trip in such a way that you cross the Cambodian borders through one of these entry ports:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) when entering from Thailand
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) when entering from Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) when entering from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) when entering from Laos
Note! Seaports don’t accept electronic visas in Cambodia. Departure can be made from any airport or border crossing.