March 23, 2023
Cambodia Visa for Canadian Citizens
Canadian citizens willing to visit Cambodia need Cambodia visas. Fortunately, a Cambodia visa for Canadian travelers is available online if the purpose of their travel is tourism.
An electronic visa was launched in 2006 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
A Cambodia e-Visa is a single-entry and allows staying for one month (30 days). The validity period is 90 days from the date of issue. Canadian citizens can use a Cambodia online visa for going on vacation, visiting friends and family, and transiting.
To apply for a tourist visa to Cambodia, Canadian nationals should complete a short application form and cover the fees. The approval will be sent to the email address, so an applicant won’t experience any hassle.
Cambodia visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Canadian travelers need to attach the necessary documents to the application form:
- a digital photo of the passport bio-data page:
- a passport must stay effective for at least 6 months from arrival in Bahrain;
- a digital photo must be of good quality so that all the data is clearly visible.
- a face photograph – a photo must have a light, plain background, formal style, frame applicant with full face, front view, eyes open.
To apply for a Cambodia visa online, you need to meet some technical requirements:
- you must have a functioning device – either a laptop, smartphone, tablet, or PC;
- your device must be connected to the internet – mobile, hardwired, or Wi-Fi;
- you should have enough financial means and the ability to make payments online;
- your email address must stay effective and accessible.
Requirements on arrival
Upon arrival, you need to present two documents to the immigration officials:
- an effective passport;
- a printed copy of an online Cambodia visa.
Cambodia e-Visa application process from Canada
Canadian nationals can apply for a Cambodia electronic visa with a few clicks – from home, office, coffee shop, or even gym – literally any place with a decent internet connection. It won’t take long, so grab your device and follow this step-by-step guide:
- Complete a Cambodia visa application form by providing your personal, passport, and travel details.
- Thoroughly check if it is accurate and contains relevant information.
- Upload the digital copies of the required documents.
- Make the payment using any option on our website.
- Wait for the result. After processing, the approved visa will be delivered directly to the applicant’s email address. It comes as a PDF document.
- Print out the Cambodian e-Visa and bring it with you to the entry point.
Cambodia e-Visa service fee and processing time
Cambodian visa fees
Cambodian e-Visa for Canadian citizens costs 99 Euro. The fees can be covered by any method available on our website, so choose whatever you prefer: PayPal, credit or debit card. All payment options presented are safe so you can be sure your money and data are properly secured.
After your application is submitted, it will be processed by our team and Cambodian authorities. The processing time varies depending on numerous factors. For example, it may take longer if there is a big number of applications waiting to be processed, especially during busy seasons or national holidays.
One of the most significant factors is whether your application is complete and error-free: mistakes, typos, or blank fields may cause issues and delays. It is crucial to check the application form to ensure it is properly completed. Also, stay in touch: we may ask you for additional documents or information, so check your inbox regularly.
However, provided the data is correct and there are no unusual circumstances, the processing normally doesn’t take more than a few days.
Entry ports that Canadians can enter Cambodia with e-Visa
Canadian passport holders can enter Cambodia only through certain entry points, as not all of them accept electronic visas. Make sure to cross Cambodia’s borders through these entry ports:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) when entering from Thailand
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) when entering from Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) when entering from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) when entering from Laos
Currently, seaports don’t support Cambodia e-Visas.