March 24, 2023
Bahrain Work Visa Check
About Work Visa for the Kingdom of Bahrain
LMRA (Labor Market Regulatory Authority) under the Ministry of Labor in Bahrain deals with work visas and permits for non-native employees and their dependents. To issue work permit, you need to apply via the LMRA website.
Complete the application form, print out the confirmation, check the application ID number and status, pay the fee, print your work permit, and take it to the Immigration Office.
To check the work visa status, you need to have a permit number, application ID, work permit number, or passport. The work permit validity varies from 1 to 2 years and gives permission for legal residency and employment in the country.
What documents are necessary?
The following documents are necessary to obtain a work permit in the Kingdom of Bahrain:
- Copy of the passport with current information, alternations, and updates (valid for at least 6 months). The first name should be on the first page.
- A valid license if you are from non-commercial institutions or non-governmental organizations.
- A copy of the latest electricity bill (not older than 2 months, matching the CR’s address, not a final notification of the cut).
- Proof, such as the lease contract, if you are not responsible for electricity.
- In case a new CR has not yet been billed, you must upload a printout from the electricity and water authority proving that the account was opened or transferred to that particular CR.
- The employee ID card (If available).
- Work contract copy (max. 2 pages). It must be written in Arabic, stamped on government paper, and include the employee’s name, salary, nationality, passport number, occupation, signatures, and notice periods.
- The medical check-up report that proves you can perform the work. It can’t be older than 3 months and must be issued by the Ministry of Health (approved by LMRA). It is not required from dependents and employees who are already in Bahrain. In case of no accredited center around, you must fill in a non-GAMCA medical checkup form on LMRA’s site.
- A residency permit copy (in the case of an employee working in GCC or a non-home country).
- Approval letter copy.
For more details and updates about work permit for the Kingdom of Bahrain, you can visit the official website.
Cancellation of LMRA Visa
The LMRA website enables the cancellation of the work permit and residence permit of employees’ dependents. The following steps must be taken to do it:
- Use the LMRA’s EMS system to apply for the service.
- Complete the Termination Declaration form. It must be signed by the employer and employee, then uploaded.
- Wait 3 days from the submission and visit the Residence Affairs (NPRA) Counters. Remember to bring an original passport for manual cancellation.
Besides, keep in mind that the employer or an authorized person needs to check the nationality, application ID number, and work permit number to complete the cancellation process.
Also, the employer must not have previously alerted the LMRA of the employee’s absence from work, and the employee must leave the country within 30 days of work permit cancellation.
How can I apply for a Bahrain work visa?
In order to issue work permit, you need to:
- Register and log in to the LMRA EMS system.
- Complete the application form.
- Print out the confirmation.
- Check the work permit application status.
- Cover the fee.
- Receive and print out the work permit from the system.
- Take the document to the Immigration Office to get a work permit sticker.
How to pay the LMRA visa fee?
In order to pay for the work permit, you need to use one of the following methods:
- Pay online via the EMS system with Master Card, Visa Card, American Express, or ATM Card.
- Cover the fee through Al Hilal Islamic Banking Services, Al Ahli United Bank, or Al Salam Bank.
Can I check my visa status with my passport number?
You can check out the application status, expiry date, and work permit validity at the Labor Market Regulatory Authority (LMRA) website. To do so, you can use the application ID number, passport, or work permit number.
How long does it take to get a work visa in Bahrain?
The process usually takes from 1 to 10 business days if the provided information/documents are correct and all other requirements are met. In another case, the processing of a work permit may be longer.