March 27, 2023
Bahrain Visit Visa
There are several types of visit visa for Bahrain. Currently, you can obtain an electronic visa or a visa on arrival. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information. Check if you are eligible and if you meet all the Bahrain visa requirements before your trip.
Visit visa at the NPRA
Travelers whose relatives or friends are residents of Bahrain can apply for this visa type issued by the NPRA (National Passports & Residence Affairs). To do so, they must prepare the following:
- a service request form
- a valid passport for at least 6 months
- the family relation proof
- a copy of the ID
- a copy of the guarantor’s ID
- a copy of valid commercial registration
- a copy of a letter from the guarantor
- a copy of a valid return ticket
- copy of documents that prove the visitors can support themselves
- a copy of the hotel booking (or a copy of the ID when you stay with a friend or family member).
This visit Bahrain visa is a single-entry permit that allows a 1-month stay in the country. It is possible to get an extension of it at the NPRA or online.
On-arrival visit visa
Visitors can obtain two types of a visa on arrival to the Kingdom of Bahrain:
- A single-entry visa – it allows only one entry to the country and a 2-week stay (depending on nationality, the period can be longer). You can extend it at the NPRA.
- A multiple-entry visa – enables a 1-month stay and numerous visits to the Kingdom of Bahrain. You need to pay the visa fee to the Passport Officer after your arrival to obtain this visa for Bahrain.
e-Visa for visit purposes
Bahrain e-Visa comes in two types, valid for 3 months: a single-entry permit for a 14-day stay or a multiple-entry document that allows 30 or 90 days of visit in the country. The process of applying is done online, so no visit to the embassy or consulate is necessary. You just need a device with an internet connection and to prepare:
- a valid passport
- a completed Bahrain visa application form
- a photo of the face
- a copy of the return ticket and a hotel booking.
The e-Visa electronically links to the passport, so you don’t need to print it out. The process is straightforward and convenient, as you can apply from any part of the world.
The citizens of the following countries may apply for an online visa:
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- Falkland Islands
- United Kingdom
- French Guiana
- Hong Kong
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- South Korea
- Cayman Islands
- Saint Lucia
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- Caicos Islands
- United States
- Vatican City
- Saint Vincent
- British Virgin Islands
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
GCC residents e-Visa
Foreigners who are residents of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE) can apply for an e-Visa for 3 or 7 days of stay. They need to meet the following requirements:
- during the application process, they must be outside of Bahrain
- they must travel through Bahrain International Airport
- they must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months
- they need to have enough funds to support themselves during the stay
- they can’t violate the security and welfare of Bahrain
- they have 30 days to use the e-Visa after the approval
- they must use e-Visa (or wait for the expiration) before they apply for another visa.
This single-entry Bahrain visa is obtained via the Ministry of Interior, and there is no need to stamp it. It is possible to extend it for additional 3 or 7 days (or even longer for certain nationalities).
Bahrain visa status check
A valid visa is necessary to enter Bahrain as a foreigner. To check its status, you need to:
- visit the Ministry of the Interior Affairs website
- enter the number of the passport, date of birth, and nationality
- provide the application reference number given during the process
- click on the ‘Submit’ button and view the Bahrain visa application status.
Bahrain visit visa extension
Eligible travelers and guarantors can apply for an extension of a visa for Bahrain. In order to get it online, they need to:
- visit the national Bahrain portal
- select the visa type (e-Visa, visa on arrival, tourist visa, etc.)
- complete the visa application form (provide information such as passport number, nationality, and date of birth)
- wait for the approval.