March 22, 2023
Bahrain Visa for Egyptian citizens
Bahrain eVisa is an electronic visa launched by the Bahrain government to facilitate the application process for foreign travelers, including Egyptian citizens. An Egyptian passport holder can apply for three types of Bahrain eVisas which allow traveling to Bahrain for tourism and business purposes.
It is possible to choose between a single-entry Bahrain visa for a 14-day stay, a multiple-entry visa with 3 months validity period and a 30-day stay, and a multiple-entry visa with 3 months validity period and a 30-day stay.
The application process for an electronic visa to Bahrain won’t take more than a few minutes. Egyptian passport holders need to fill out a short online form, upload the necessary documents, pay the visa fees, and check their inbox. The approved Bahrain eVisa will come as a PDF document.
Do Egyptian citizens need a visa for Bahrain?
Egyptian passport holders don’t have visa-free access to Bahrain, so if you want to visit Bahrain, you need a Bahrain visa. Even if the purpose of your stay is just transit and then you head to your next destination, you still need a visa to Bahrain, no matter how much time you’re going to spend in the country.
A Bahrain electronic visa is the easiest way to obtain a visa for eligible foreigners – you don’t need to attend an embassy or consulate in person. To apply for a visa online, Egyptians should complete an application form on the website, make the payment, and check the email address for the approved eVisa to Bahrain.
Types of Bahrain online visas available for Egyptians
Egyptian passport holders can apply for three types of Bahrain eVisa serving tourism and business purposes:
- a single-entry visa allows visiting Bahrain one time and staying for up to 14 days; it costs 69 euro;
- a multiple-entry visa for 30 days enables its holders to enter Bahrain numerous times during the 3-months period; it costs 109 euro;
- a multiple-entry visa for 90 days permits unlimited 90-day visits in a span of one year; it costs 249 euro.
Bahrain eVisa requirements for Egyptian citizens
Online visa application requirements
To complete a Bahrain visa application online, you need to satisfy such conditions:
- you must have a working device (a phone, laptop, tablet, or PC)
- stable internet connection (mobile/hardwired internet or Wi-Fi)
- active email address
- sufficient financial means
Egyptian citizens should upload the following documents:
- the digital photo of the bio-data page of a valid Egyptian passport – passport mustn’t expire within 6 months from the planned date of arrival; the photo must be clear and the machine code has to be fully visible
- applicant’s face photo – it must be recent, passport-style, has a white or off-white background and clearly shows facial features
- a stamped bank statement copy under the applicant’s name – it must cover the previous three months and has a current balance of a minimum of the equivalent of BD300 (about USD800).
Requirements on arrival
On arrival, Egyptian citizens should show the border officials their effective Egyptian passport and, if possible, a Bahrain eVisa printout (the eVisa to Bahrain) is digitally connected to the applicant’s passport, however, it’s better to have a paper copy as well, just in case).
Applying for the Bahrain eVisa from Egypt
The Bahrain eVisa application process can be completed from any place with the internet within a few minutes. To apply for a visa, follow these straightforward steps:
- Choose the type of Bahrain eVisa depending on your planned period of stay and travel purpose.
- Put your basic personal information in the form.
- Double-check the form to ensure it’s fully completed and doesn’t contain mistakes.
- Attach the required documentation.
- Pay the processing fees. You can make the payment via any available online method – a debit/credit card or PayPal.
- Wait for the visa to be processed. Once approved, it will be sent to your email address in PDF form. It’s best to make a printed copy of your Bahrain eVisa.
Validity and permitted stay
The validity period and allowed stay vary based on the Bahrain visa type selected when applying. A single-entry visa to Bahrain stays valid for 30 days from the issue and permits a stay for up to 14 days.
Multiple-entry visas to Bahrain give the opportunity to visit the country an unlimited amount of times during the period of effectiveness. The second type of Bahrain eVisa remains valid for 90 days (3 months) and allows staying for up to 30 days at a time.
The third online visa to Bahrain enables Egyptian passport holders to have 3-month stays within 12 months (one year).