March 28, 2023
Bahrain Visa Check – How to check your Bahrain visa validity status
A visa for the Kingdom of Bahrain is necessary to enter the country legally. According to the government, you can pick several types of visas according to your travel purpose, length of stay, and way of getting it. So, it is possible to have a visa on arrival, an e-Visa, a regular visa, and a multiple-entry or single-entry permit for visiting friends/family, tourism, leisure, sightseeing, business, etc.
The visa status check is straightforward – just visit the website, provide your passport number and other necessary details, submit them, and see your status. You can also extend the visa validity in order to stay longer in the country. Before you apply, check the eligibility and all necessary information.
Types of visas available for Bahrain
Visit visa at the NPRA
This visa type is designed for visiting friends and family for no longer than 1 month. In order to get it, you need to take part in a visa application process and issue it at the NPRA (National Passports & Residence Affairs). You must prepare the following:
- a service request form and application ID number
- a passport number and copy (the document must be valid for at least 6 months)
- proof of the family relation
- an ID copy
- copy of the guarantor’s ID
- a valid commercial registration copy
- a letter from the guarantor
- return ticket and hotel booking copies
- documents proving that travelers can support themselves.
Visa on arrival
Two types of visa on arrival are available: a single-entry permit for a 14-day stay (or longer for some nationalities) or a multiple-entry visa that enables travelers to visit the country for up to 30 days numerous times. Both documents are extendable at the NPRA service.
e-Visa for visit purposes
It is possible to get a single-entry visa (for a 2-week stay) or a multiple-entry permit for 30 or 90 days. A visa application process is very simple and convenient as everything can be done online – you only need a device with an internet connection. To take part in it, you must have the following:
- a valid passport for at least 6 months
- a visa application form
- a face photo
- copies of hotel booking and return ticket.
As e-Visa links directly to your passport, there is no need to print it out.
GCC residents e-Visa
An e-Visa for 3 or 7 days is available for the Gulf Cooperation Council residents (Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE). To be eligible, they must meet the following conditions:
- they can’t be inside the Kingdom of Bahrain
- they need to travel through Bahrain International Airport
- they must have a valid passport and enough funds
- they can’t break the rules and violate the security/welfare
- they must use the e-Visa within 30 days of approval.
Note that it is not possible to apply for a new visa as long as the GCC visa is in use.
Bahrain visa status check
It is very simple to check the Kingdom of Bahrain visa application status:
- go to the website of the Ministry of the Interior Affairs
- enter passport number, date of birth, and nationality
- provide the application reference number
- click the ‘Submit’ button
- view the application status.
As you may notice, it is very simple to check the status of the visa. It is very important to travel during the validity period. Don’t overstay your visa, as you may be charged or even deported.
Bahrain visa validity period
The validity period of a visa to the Kingdom of Bahrain depends on the visa type. A multiple-entry e-Visa can be valid for 90 days (in case of a 1-month stay) or one year (for a 3-month stay), while a single-entry visa stays valid for 30 days. Check the eligibility, visa status, application ID number, passport number, service, and requirements before your trip to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Bahrain visa extension
As the Bahrain government stated, travelers who are eligible can extend the visa period. It is possible to do it online:
- visit the Kingdom of Bahrain national service portal
- pick the visa type
- provide passport number, application ID number, nationality, and date of birth
- wait for the confirmation.