March 22, 2023
Bahrain e-Visa Processing Time
Bahrain e-Visa was introduced in 2014 by the Kingdom’s authorities to facilitate and speed up the process of getting a visa for tourism and business-related purposes.
Bahrain electronic visa can be issued either as a single or multiple-entry visa for a stay from 14 up to 90 days.
e-Visas are digitally linked to the applicants’ passports. The entire application can be completed in a few simple clicks from the comfort of the applicant’s home.
Applicants eligible for a Bahrain online visa can forget about the need to visit the embassy or consulate to collect a visa or to go through time-consuming and stressful interviews.
Paperwork was also reduced to the minimum, with two basic documents required, i.e., a passport and a return or onward ticket.
Bahrain e-Visa application should not take you more than 15 minutes, while the processing time may take up to a few business days.
Apply for a Bahrain visa online at least 5 business days prior to the planned trip to receive the visa delivered on time.
Bahrain e-Visa application process
The online visa application process was designed to be as convenient and straightforward as possible. Applicants must only follow these simple steps:
- Indicate one Bahrain eVisa type and click the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Provide all the required details in the online form.
- Cover the processing fee using one of the available methods of online payment.
- Go to your email address and receive the confirmation email.
Check your email address and download the approved Bahrain online visa. It should arrive in your email inbox within a few business days. Download its copy, print it out, and take it for your trip to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
How long does it take to receive the Bahrain e-Visa
The processing time for the Bahrain e-Visa is always an individual matter determined by various factors such as the applicant’s nationality, the time when the application has been submitted, the correctness of the information in the online form, etc.
Nevertheless, it should take up to a few business days to receive the visa approval delivered directly to the applicant’s email address. It is extremely important to provide the correct email address to receive all the updates on the e-Visa application status as well as the approved visa.
Bahrain e-Visa requirements
The majority of travelers simply need the following two documents to complete the Bahrain online visa application:
- a digital copy of the bio-data page of a valid passport
- an onward/return ticket copy
There are, however, certain nationalities, including Indian citizens, who need to upload some supporting documents. If you are an Indian passport holder, you will need to provide a copy of a photo page of your passport as well as a copy of the last passport page.
Additionally, certain countries may be asked to provide hotel booking proof in Bahrain, and the relative’s CPR Reader’s printout copy (only if staying with a relative). In turn, other nationalities may be required to provide a copy of a stamped bank statement covering the last 3 months with a current balance of at least BD 300 (around USD 800).
All foreigners who are residents of GCC countries and hold a GCC visa will need to also upload a resident card copy.
Tips to maximize the chances for quick Bahrain e-Visa approval
Applying for a Bahrain e-Visa is a way more convenient alternative to a regular embassy visa application. To ensure a quick and hassle-free application process, below you will find a few tips that may help to maximize your chances of quick Bahrain e-Visa approval:
- Make sure all the details you provide are correct and up to date. Double-check all the information before submitting it for final approval.
- Verify whether your passport will not expire for the min. of 6 months beyond the date of your scheduled arrival in Bahrain. If your passport does not have the required validity period, your application may be rejected.
- Apply for your visa well in advance – at least 5 business days before the planned trip or as soon as you have all the information needed to complete the visa application.
- Prepare all necessary documents before starting your online application; submitting all supporting documentation at the first attempt can help speed up the processing time and increase your chances of getting approved quickly.
- Ensure you have covered the processing fee before submitting your application – without covering the service fee, it will be impossible to process your application.