March 22, 2023
Azerbaijan Visa for UK Citizens
Travelers from the UK can apply for an ASAN visa – it is an electronic visa designed for short-term stays introduced in 2017 by the Azerbaijani government. An Azerbaijan e-Visa is valid for 90 days and allows you to stay in the country for 30 days.
The e-Visa system was launched in order to make the process of applying for a visa easier and smoother. You just need to have a valid passport, an electronic device with an internet connection, and access to the payment method.
It won’t take you a lot of time to complete the form and obtain a visa via email in PDF form. The visa costs 119 USD, and the whole process is done entirely online, so you don’t need to visit the embassy or consulate.
An approved electronic visa can be used for purposes such as tourism, family/friends visits, attending events (sports, culture, science), business meetings, medical treatments, official trips, humanitarian reasons, labor (not paid), education, and transit.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Azerbaijan?
It is not possible for UK citizens to get a visa on arrival, as they need to obtain a visa earlier to visit Azerbaijan. It is advisable to get an e-Visa as the process of getting it is very simple, and there is no need to go out as everything is done electronically.
What are the requirements for an Azerbaijan e-Visa?
The online Azerbaijan visa requirements for UK citizens are not numerous. You just need to prepare the following:
- a valid passport
- a passport bio-data page
- a recent photo
- valid means of payment.
Can UK citizens apply for an e-Visa?
UK nationals can apply for a visa to Azerbaijan as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is on the list of eligible countries. You can apply without visiting the embassy, so it is very convenient.
How to apply for an online visa?
In order to apply for an Azerbaijan visa, you need to check all the requirements, prepare the necessary documents, and visit our website. Then, you should follow these simple steps:
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ button and fill in the application form. You need to provide basic information, such as name, surname, date of birth, passport number, etc. After that, check if the details are correct before you send the form. Mistakes can lead to delays or even rejection, so be careful.
- Cover the fee. You should pay 119 USD with the chosen method of payment (PayPal, credit/debit card, etc.).
- Wait for the processing and confirmation. The process depends on many factors, but it would be as fast as possible.
- Receive your e-Visa in PDF form via email. It is recommended to print it out.
Important! A passport must be valid for at least 6 months in order to take part in the Azerbaijan visa application process and to enter Azerbaijan.
What are the benefits of an Azerbaijan electronic visa?
British citizens can enjoy many advantages of the ASAN visa:
- An e-Visa application form is very easy to complete, and it won’t take you a lot of time.
- You don’t need to visit the Azerbaijan embassy or consulate, as the process is done entirely online.
- You save your time and nerves as no face-to-face appointments are not necessary.
- During application, you can ask the support team in case you have some questions or doubts.
- The whole process is very safe – your data are secure.
- There aren’t many requirements for UK citizens.
- To enter Azerbaijan, UK nationals need to have an ASAN visa.
- It is not possible to obtain an Azerbaijan visa on arrival as a British national.
- A UK citizen may stay in Azerbaijan for up to 30 days with an e-Visa during the validity period (90 days).
- The Azerbaijan visa costs 119 USD. You can pay the fee using PayPal, credit card, debit card, etc.
- You need to have a valid passport (for at least 6 months) and a printed e-Visa on arrival to the country.
- It is not possible to extend this visa, but you can overstay by 10 days.
- You must be outside the country to apply.
- British citizens don’t need to have a visa while transiting through Azerbaijan, but they must meet the requirements (have a valid passport and onward ticket, as well as don’t leave a transit zone at the airport).
- It is not possible to participate in activities related to a paid job with an e-Visa. To do so, you need to obtain a work permit.