March 21, 2023
Azerbaijan Visa Application Form
The Azerbaijan e-Visa is a mandatory electronic document that allows entering Azerbaijan for short-term trips. It was launched in January 2017 as a system called the ASAN visa to facilitate the application process for eligible travelers.
The Azerbaijani online visa enables foreigners to have one entry into Azerbaijan. Its validity period is 3 months. During this time, you can stay in the country for one month.
If you meet the Azerbaijan visa requirements, you can start applying. There is no need to attend a consulate or embassy in person. Complete an online application form, attach your passport, and pay the fees.
The Azerbaijani e-Visa will be sent directly to your email address as the PDF document that you have to print out and present at the border control.
Azerbaijan visa types
The Azerbaijan e-Visa comes in one type – a single-entry permit allowing its holders to cross the Azerbaijani borders one time during the 90-day period. Your stay in the country shouldn’t exceed 30 days.
Azerbaijan visa permits traveling for tourists, business, sports, culture, education, labor, and medical purposes.
Keep in mind that under an Azerbaijani e-Visa, you cannot get a paid job in Azerbaijan, as this permit doesn’t authorize paid labor. For this, you’ll need to get a working permit.
Azerbaijan visa application process
The Azerbaijan visa application process is entirely online and doesn’t require any special computer knowledge, so everyone can complete it without problems. Grab your phone or any other device connected to the internet and proceed with these steps:
- Provide your passport, travel, and personal information in the Azerbaijan visa application form (your name, surname, date of birth, nationality, travel dates, parents’ details, occupation details, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Double-check the data. Make sure there are no typos, errors, or incomplete fields.
- Upload a digital copy of your valid international passport.
- Cover the fee using an online payment method available on our website.
- Wait for the decision. If your application is successful and approved, you will receive a letter with an Azerbaijan e-Visa PDF document.
- Make a paper copy of your Azerbaijan electronic visa. You should bring to borders control.
You must be outside Azerbaijan to apply.
The validity period and the permitted stay
Azerbaijan electronic visa stays valid for 3 months (90 days) from the date of issue. While the Azerbaijan e-Visa remains valid, foreign travelers can enter Azerbaijan once.
The Azerbaijan electronic visa holders can stay in the country for up to 30 days. You cannot extend your Azerbaijani e-Visa but are allowed to overstay it by 10 days.
Azerbaijan e-Visa fees and processing time
The Azerbaijan visa costs 119 Euro for all nationalities. You can cover the fees using one of the offered payment methods – a debit/credit card, PayU, or PayPal. All of these options are safe and secure.
The processing time for an e-Visa to Azerbaijan can depend on the correctness of your application form, the time when you have submitted it, whether your document meets the requirements, your planned arrival date, etc.
Usually, it takes a few days to process an Azerbaijan visa application, but note that issues and mistakes in your application form can lead to delays. To avoid the risk of long waiting or even refusal, make sure to check your data several times: everything must be error-free and fully completed.
Note that the final decision is made by the Azerbaijani authorities.
Azerbaijan e-Visa requirements
Online application requirements
In order to complete the Azerbaijan e-Visa application, you need to satisfy the following requirements:
- your device (a phone, tablet, laptop, or PC) must be functioning
- you must have an internet connection – mobile, hardwired, or Wi-Fi
- your email is active, and you can access it
- you can use online payment methods (you have a debit/credit card, PayPal, or PayU)
There is one document you need to attach to your Azerbaijan visa application form – your passport:
- it must be valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Azerbaijan
- the photo of the bio-data page must be clear, and all the data must be visible
Requirements on arrival
Upon arrival, you will need to present two mandatory documents:
- your effective passport
- an Azerbaijan visa printout
If you don’t have any of these documents, you may be entry-denied.
List of eligible countries
To be eligible to apply, you must have a passport from one of the following countries:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Sri Lanka
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United States
- Vatican City
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Brunei Darussalam
- Trinidad and Tobago