March 21, 2023
Azerbaijan Business Visa
Azerbaijan business visa is necessary for people willing to travel to Azerbaijan for business purposes. An online electronic visa (ASAN Visa) to Azerbaijan was introduced by the Azerbaijani government in January 2017 as a facilitation alternative to a regular visa consultation in an embassy or consulate.
An Azerbaijan business visa allows visiting Azerbaijan to attend business meetings, conferences and congresses, trade fairs, exhibitions, formal or informal on-the-job training courses, and other business-related matters.
The Azerbaijan e-Visa is a single-entry permit, so you can enter the country one time during the validity period of 90 days. A business visa enables its holders to stay in Azerbaijan for up to 30 days.
The application process for an Azerbaijan business visa is simple and involves filling out the form, uploading the documents required for this visa type, and covering the fees. The processing time varies, but for many applications, it doesn’t take longer than several days.
Note that you cannot get a job, start a company, or seek employment in Azerbaijan. For that, you’ll need a special work permit.
Requirements to obtain an Azerbaijan business visa
Check these requirements to know if you can apply for a business visa to Azerbaijan online:
- you must have a passport from an eligible country that doesn’t expire for a minimum of 180 days from entering Azerbaijan
- you should provide a face photograph
- you must have an invitation letter from a company you are going to visit in Azerbaijan
- you must have a functioning device (phone, tablet, laptop, or PC)
- your internet connection must stay stable
- you must have the ability to use online payment methods
- you need to have an active email address
Business visa application form
You don’t need to go to an embassy or consulate in order to obtain an Azerbaijan business visa: the application can be completed just using your phone or other device connected to the internet.
Follow these steps to obtain a visa for business handling in Azerbaijan in a quick and effortless way:
- Fill out a visa application form providing your personal, contact, and travel information (for example, your name, surname, nationality, date of birth, email address, phone number, travel dates, and accommodation details).
- Double-check the information for errors and incomplete required fields.
- Attach digital photographs of your travel documents – they should be clear, and all the data should be clearly visible.
- Cover the processing fees. Use any of the available payment methods.
- Wait for the decision. You will get a letter with an approved eVisa. It comes as a PDF document that you need to print out and take with you to the border control.
Permitted stay in the Republic of Azerbaijan
An Azerbaijan business visa allows its holders to enter Azerbaijan one time. The electronic visa to Azerbaijan stays valid for 3 months (90 days). In the span of this period, you can have one stay for up to 30 days.
You can overstay in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a maximum of 30 days. For a more extended stay, you’ll need to apply for a new business visa.
How long does it take to get an Azerbaijan business visa?
The application process for an Azerbaijan business e-Visa is speedy and can be completed within 15 minutes. After you submit it, the Azerbaijani authorities will process it.
The usual processing time doesn’t take more than a few days, but it can be influenced by many factors: submission time, the accuracy of documents and data provided, whether your departure is soon, etc.
Typos and incomplete fields can cause issues and processing delays. Make sure to keep the information complete, correct, and genuine.
Who is eligible for a business visa?
You can an online business visa to Azerbaijan if you hold a passport from one of the following countries:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Sri Lanka
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United States
- Vatican City
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Brunei Darussalam
- Trinidad and Tobago