March 16, 2023
Australia ETA Processing Time
An Australian ETA visa (Electronic Travel Authority) is a travel document that allows eligible nationals to enter Australia. With this multiple-entry permit, you can stay in the country for up to 3 months during the validity period (12 months).
It is possible to take part in business or tourism-related activities and visit friends/family in Australia as the ETA holder. What is more, to apply for an ETA visa, you need to be outside Australia and have a valid passport.
In case you are not eligible for ETA, you can check if you can obtain an eVisitor visa. An Australian e-Visa is an online document that enables one to stay for 3 months in the country. It was introduced by the Australian government and is also valid for 12 months. Remember that you need a valid passport to apply for this visa and travel to Australia.
How to apply for an ETA?
Getting an e-Visa and ETA is very simple. There are a few steps that you need to take in order to get those documents. However, before the application process, check all the requirements, prepare the necessary documents, and visit the website. Then:
- Complete the application online form. Provide the basic information (name, surname, passport number, email, date of birth, nationality, etc.). Check the form twice before you send it to avoid mistakes that can lead to delays or even rejection.
- Attach all required documents, such as a passport bio-data page or a face photo.
- Pay the fee. You can use various methods of payment like PayPal, credit cards, debit cards, etc.
- Wait for the processing and approval and receive your document or information about process finalization.
It is possible to check the ETA status in the special application. Furthermore, you need to state that you don’t have any diseases that could endanger the general public and answer all other required questions.
What are the requirements for ETA and e-Visa?
You need to meet all Australian ETA requirements in order to obtain it. So prepare:
- a completed application form
- a valid passport with 2 blank pages for stamps
- an active email address
- a credit/debit card.
The requirements aren’t numerous and are the same as for an e-Visa. In the ETA case, as the immigration department states, you also must meet all character and health requirements and declare you don’t have any diseases that can be dangerous to the general public.
Why is the Australian ETA taking so long?
The Australian Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), as well as eVisitor visa processing time, depends on many circumstances. For example, if your Australian visa application is completed with correct information, if you attach the supporting documents, or if you apply on a working day. The time may differ for each application, but it is as fast as possible.
Is it easy to get ETA Australia?
If you are eligible and meet all the requirements, it is straightforward to get an Australian visa. You just need to take part in the application process and wait for the approval. Remember that a valid visa and passport are crucial to enter and to leave Australia. The Australian authorities will check these documents, so remember about them.
An e-Visa and ETA application fee
There is no visa application fee for the Australia ETA, but you may be charged a service fee (20 AUD).
Furthermore, it costs 49 USD to obtain an e-Visa. Choose the best option for you and have a pleasant stay.
Can I apply for an Australian visa?
Nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply for an ETA and travel to Australia:
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- San Marino
- United States
- Vatican City
If you do not qualify for ETA and are a citizen of one of the following countries, you can visit Australia with an e-Visa:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- San Marino
- Vatican City
What are the advantages of ETA?
There are numerous benefits to getting an e-Visa and an Australia ETA. You can take advantage of the following:
- The process is stress-free because there is no need to visit the embassy or consulate.
- You will save time and nerves.
- The e-Visa process and ETA application are extremely fast, smooth, and user-friendly.
- If you have any questions about your visa, you can contact the support team.
- From anywhere in the world, you can apply for an e-Visa and an ETA.
- To obtain an Australian ETA or e-Visa, there aren’t many requirements.